Strange problem with samba and nss_ldap

Andreas Moroder andreas.moroder at sb-brixen.it
Wed Dec 5 04:13:03 GMT 2001

Hello,

we are using samba on Suse Linux togheter with pam_ldap and nss_ldap.

Whe a user logs in to the samba server we get the follwing error messae

smbd: nss_ldap: could not search LDAP server - Bad search fi
lter

We change the sources of ldap_nns.c to show us what filter is wrong.
Now we get

Dec  5 13:01:12 mir smbd: nss_ldap: AM could not search LDAP server - (&(objectc
lass=posixAccount)(uid=ADOM\ALI)) base:dc=sb-brixen,dc=it

This was a login from smbclient on the same machine where samba runs.

The question is why samba does add the domain to the uid ?
ADOM is the domain and ALI is the user.

The login works well and the users can work, but our log/messages gets full of
this warnings.

Is there a reason for this behaviour ?

Bye

Andreas