secrets.tdb creation error

Esh, Andrew AEsh at tricord.com
Tue Dec 4 12:22:10 GMT 2001

I have a problem with recent SAMBA_2_2 code, checked out of CVS on 12-3, at
1500GMT. I had some problems authenticating with the PDC. smbpasswd reported
that it couldn't fetch the domain SID. I deleted private/secrets.tdb, and
restarted smbd. This created a new secrets.tdb, but it doesn't have any tags
in it except "INFO/random_seed". I can't get smbd to produce a good secrets
database, and I can't get smbpasswd to work, so Samba won't join the domain.

The same system with code from the Samba 2.2.2 release work just fine, with
the same smb.conf setup, and PDC.

Today, I noticed some serious changes going into the tdb code.

Did I catch you guys in the middle of a check-in?

---
Andrew C. Esh                mail:Andrew.Esh at tricord.com
Tricord Systems, Inc.
2905 Northwest Blvd., Suite 20        763-557-9005 (main)
Plymouth, MN 55441-2644 USA      763-551-6418 (direct)
http://www.tricord.com - Tricord Home Page