Samba 2.2.pre3 and DOS clients /read raw

Ph. Marek marek at bmlv.gv.at
Tue Dec 4 05:04:03 GMT 2001

Hello everyone!

I have a problem using Samba 2.2.pre3 and DOS clients:
On some files the just don't get valid data.

I traced the problem to this facts:
- DOS issues SMBread or SMBreadraw calls (I don't know how it decides which
of these)
- On SMBreadraw Samba gives back a "invalid fid" (sniffed with ethereal)
- this fid seems to be in the SMBopen answer given before - seems to be,
because ethereal won't dissect the last part of SMBopen. But the 16bit
value of the fid is there.

It does work with NT4, did work with Samba 2.0.4 (or suchlike, I am not
100% sure) with same configuration.

On seeing this error I tried to set "read raw = yes" and "write raw = yes",
but that didn't help (it's default set to yes [smb.conf])

Help, anybody??

Thanks!!

Phil