Create a named pipe listener

Oleg Preobrazhenskyy marxy at indoors.com.ua
Sun Dec 2 22:39:02 GMT 2001

Hello!

On Mon, Dec 03, 2001 at 05:08:26AM +0100, Rafal Szczesniak wrote:

> > For instance I want to bind "sqllistener" to \\PIPE\sql\query.
> > Can I? Does samba have such a config param or API functions?
>
> Samba itself no, but you could re-use code written to allow to open
> named pipes over SMB. The question is whether you really need it _over
> SMB_ ? I'm not sure whether sql server uses named pipes on this
> transport ...

Saying more exactly, I need ms sql server proxy (multiplexor) who will
be listen fro incoming SQL packets and pass them to opened connection
to real sql server. I have the code part that do this listening to
tcp/ip. But also I need to receive named pipe netbios packets from
DOS clients. As we all know ms sql default connection is named pipe one.
All packet from my dos clients go calling \\pipe\sql\query (I got them
using tcpdump). And there is no lib for DOS to use sql tcp/ip.
So, that the task.

> Back to your question though: no, there's neither config param nor api
> functions. If you wanted to use the named pipes code from samba, you'd
> have to modify it to write your own module.

Did mean that I have to write something like srv_samr.c or srv_netlog.c?
Hmm...

--

Oleg Preobragensky.