Create a named pipe listener

Rafal Szczesniak mimir at spin.ict.pwr.wroc.pl
Sun Dec 2 20:09:02 GMT 2001

On Mon, 3 Dec 2001, Oleg Preobrazhenskyy wrote:

> Hello!
>
> I need to make small project where I purpose to use samba.
> The target is to make a listener who will listen on
> TCP/IP and named pipe (for dos clients). With TCP/IP I have
> no problem but I don't know what to use for the second part.
> Does samba has an ability to bind some program (module) to
> specified pipe?

This sounds more like the tng ...

> For instance I want to bind "sqllistener" to \\PIPE\sql\query.
> Can I? Does samba have such a config param or API functions?

Samba itself no, but you could re-use code written to allow to open
named pipes over SMB. The question is whether you really need it _over
SMB_ ? I'm not sure whether sql server uses named pipes on this
transport ...

Back to your question though: no, there's neither config param nor api
functions. If you wanted to use the named pipes code from samba, you'd
have to modify it to write your own module.

cheers,
|Rafal 'Mimir' Szczesniak <mimir at spin.ict.pwr.wroc.pl>   |