New group mapping and the auth subsystem

Jean Francois Micouleau Jean-Francois.Micouleau at dalalu.fr
Sun Dec 2 14:17:02 GMT 2001

On Mon, 3 Dec 2001, Tim Potter wrote:

> > it should be samr_getuserDOMAINgroups. It returns only the domain groups
> > the user is member of. I checked that less than 24 hours ago.
>
> Shall we rename it then?

depends. if you're picky the current name is correct. in MS terminology a
domain group is a group ;-)

> > If you want the local groups (aliases), the user is member of, you need to
> > call samr_getuseraliases.

we should rename this one in fact. to:
samr_getalias_those_rids_are_members_of_in_the_domain_associated_with_the_policy

lovely isn't it ?

> > now for the universal groups, I don't know. I'm not even sure you can get
> > them with an rpc samr call. I could investigate.
>
> I don't think it can be done over RPC.  Probably only over LDAP.

if a net user xxx /domain returns the groups, we can get them by rpc.

	J.F.