New group mapping and the auth subsystem

Jean Francois Micouleau Jean-Francois.Micouleau at dalalu.fr
Sat Dec 1 07:57:01 GMT 2001

On Sat, 1 Dec 2001, Andrew Bartlett wrote:

> SAM-backed passwords are now checked in auth/auth_sam.c and I would hope
> that the new group code could be called by each auth back-end as
> appropriate.
>
> Does this sound sane?

no offence intended (or I missed something (probably)), but it doesn't
sound sane. I think that's the reverse you want, or more exactly as soon
as users get privileges like groups, you'll want to add to the auth_sam.c
code a check to verify if the user that's authenticating has the privilege
to connect to the server.

I guess you'll be more interested in the account policy work I did last
week. It fits perfectly in the sam_account_ok() function.

	J.F.