welcome mesg. after loggin into linux

godwin ebenezer godwin_the_aries at hotmail.com
Sat Dec 1 00:42:09 GMT 2001

hello,
        I need to exhibit a welcome message to the user who logs through
window password into a linux server.I learnt that we can use " .dat " file
to do this.I created welcome.dat file and entered the file path in netlogon
in smb.conf as path=/home/netlogon/welcome.dat.I created this .dat file in
MS-DOS  later copied it under /home/netlogon.restarted samba .When I loged
out window98 machine and login again it throws an error message : " Your
share name cannot be found ".My welcome.dat file has a simple dos command  "
net time \\server-name /set /yes " .Please suggest the best from your side.
godwin