Oops, the quota bug I asked about must still be open...

David Collier-Brown davecb at canada.sun.com
Fri Aug 31 19:25:45 GMT 2001

"Michels, Gustavo [EES/BR]" <gustavo.michels at emersonenergy.com>
wrote to samba at samba.org...
| If I exceed the quota limit while copying a file from a W2K
| workstation to the samba share, I get the 'disk full' message,
| but the file I was copying remains in the server, at least until
| the part the quota was exceeded.

| Let me illustrate: I set up a quota hard limit of 15Mb and I
| currently have 10Mb in files. If I try to copy a 7Mb file, it
| will copy until the quota limit is reached (15Mb), BUT the file
| being copied still remains in the share. In windows, it reports
| the correct file size (7Mb) but in linux it reports the size copied
| until the limit was reached (5Mb).

	The report of the 7MB size is new, and probably
	Not A Good Thing (;-))

	Gustavo: there is a fix for this, but it's machine-specific.
	Are you on Linux, perchance?

--dave
Performance & Engineering Team | some people and astonish the rest.
Americas Customer Engineering  |                      -- Mark Twain
(905) 415-2849                 | davecb at canada.sun.com