connections.tdb keeps getting corrupted. v2.2.1a

MCCALL,DON (HP-USA,ex1) don_mccall at hp.com
Fri Aug 31 14:47:53 GMT 2001

Hi Melvin,
thanks for the offer.  I THINK I am pretty much able to reproduce a
corruption in the connections.tdb almost at will now on an HP-UX system,
using a slow, memory crunched ux machine, and another faster machine that
runs a script to spawn about 100 smbclient ... -c dir  processes to beat up
on the samba server.
The fact that we are seeing this not only in the connections.tdb, but also
locking.tdb and messages.tdb leads me to suspect that we have some sort of
data type mismatch somewhere in the tdb code or header files, but
I still have not tracked the root cause down.
I'm still plugging away at it...
Don