Better info, oops regarding ECONNRESET

David Collier-Brown davecb at canada.sun.com
Fri Aug 31 11:40:38 GMT 2001

"Green, Paul" wrote:

> I suggest instrumenting the call(s) that Samba makes to read with a DEBUG
> statement that is just like the TRUSS statement. The differences is that now
> when you set up the DEBUGLEVEL value in Samba, you will get this new
> pseudo-TRUSS output correctly mixed in with the usual Samba DEBUG
> statements.  I have done this locally to try to track down some problems
> with our POSIX runtime routines (still rather new).

	very good idea:  I find the negative read "interesting"
	and would like to know more.  If your truss supports
	teh -d date option (not the old -d, which did something else),
	turn that on and get a timestamped packet capture, so
	we can line up packets with log entries and trusses.

> I think that this negative read is really where things start to breakdown

	Very!  Feel free to send me lareg datafiles
	for correlation and selection, for the convenience
	of the team.

--dave
Performance & Engineering Team | some people and astonish the rest.
Americas Customer Engineering  |                      -- Mark Twain
(905) 415-2849                 | davecb at canada.sun.com