Printing = Cups Problem with current CVS (works in CVS 3 weeks ago)

Dr. Hansjoerg Maurer hansjoerg.maurer at itsd.de
Fri Aug 31 09:21:29 GMT 2001

Hi,

I have installed yesterdays CVS, and printing=cups under Linux and cups
1.1.10 does'nt work correct any more.

In the last snapshot I used (3 weeks ago) , I had to add printcap name =
cups to the smb.conf, to make printing work (someone of the list
pointed me to this flag)
.
It works perfect, both the windows queue and the Unix queue show the
right filenames, owners etc.

In the current version, printcap name = cups (with printing = cups)
shows none of my printers anymore.

If I remove printcap name = cups  and after I print a testpage, in the
unixqueue, a file smbprnt.xxxxxx apears (not the correct NTname eg.
Testpage any more, which was a great feature).

The NT queue is completly wrong.
Username, date, filename and filesize are mixed up. For example I am
unable to kill the job.

Thank you very much for your geat work.

Greetings

Hansjörg