SSL negotiation protosol in CIFS

Rafal Szczesniak mimir at spin.ict.pwr.wroc.pl
Wed Aug 22 21:26:28 GMT 2001

On Wed, 22 Aug 2001, Andrew Bartlett wrote:

> > don't
>
> > I'll try to make it clear:
> > 1. I wasn't able to find an open specification for SSL negotiation in CIFS.
> > 2. I'd like to add CIFS negotiation to my software
> > (http://stunnel.mirt.net/).
>
> Leaving to one side your misunderstanding of the GPL, there is no SSL
> negotiation that I know of, and none that is implmented in Samba.

I'm afaid it's rather our misunderstaning of the Michal's
question. I guess the original intention was to write sth
(based on samba code and experiences, or not) as the purely
commercial software (probably close source). I don't
condemn it, please notice.
Did I guess ? From this point of view, the GPL is indeed
"restrictive" (in a "traditional" manner of course) for the
producer of the software.

cheers,

Rafal 'Mimir' Szczesniak <mimir at spin.ict.pwr.wroc.pl>   |
*BSD, Linux and Samba                                  /