short question about policy

Green, Paul Paul.Green at stratus.com
Wed Aug 22 17:58:26 GMT 2001

Rafal Szczesniak <mimir at spin.ict.pwr.wroc.pl> asks:

> Guys, can you give me some (english) synonyms of "policy"
> word. I'm hesitating how to translate it to polish. It's
> about
>  policy
>  policy info
>  policy handler

Rafal,

My dictionary gives the following definitions that seems relevant to the way
Samba is using this term: "1. Any plan or course of action adopted by a
government, political party, business organization, or the like, designed to
influence and determine decisions, actions, and other matters. 2.a. A course
of action, guiding principle, or procedure considered to be expedient,
prudent, or advantageous. 2.b. (not relevant)."

HTH
PG
--
Paul Green, Senior Technical Consultant, Stratus Technologies.
Voice: +1 978-461-7557; FAX: +1 978-461-3610; Video on request.