Windows 2000 - MS word updates slow to samba

Green, Paul Paul.Green at stratus.com
Wed Aug 22 17:51:08 GMT 2001

I found the reason my tests were failing. It wasn't the change Jeremy made
on May 5, 2000. It was a change made by one of our other engineers to a
different part of the code. My test wasn't quite as controlled as I thought.
Sorry for the false alarm, Mike and Jeremy and others.

I do stand by the comments about using the Windows DOS box to test basic
Samba functions before launching tests that use the Windows GUI-based
programs. The GUI-based programs seem to have all sort of "interesting"
behavior under the hood.

I guess I'll have to go buy a Samba T-shirt to make up for this...

PG
--
Paul Green, Senior Technical Consultant, Stratus Technologies.
Voice: +1 978-461-7557; FAX: +1 978-461-3610; Video on request.