SSL negotiation protosol in CIFS

Simo Sorce idra at samba.org
Wed Aug 22 16:52:38 GMT 2001

On Wed, Aug 22, 2001 at 08:45:55AM +0200, Michal Trojnara wrote:
> One simple question:
>
> Is SSL negotiation a documented protocol extension or just a proprietary
> feature?  I'd like to add CIFS support to my stunnel program, but I don't
> want to create a derivative from Samba.
>
> In other words:  Is SSL negotiation a part of open standard or it's
> restricted to GPL?

I do not exactly understand what you mean with "restricted to GPL".
GPL does not restrict anything, one of the foundamental rights it
provides is the right to study the code and make your own implementation
if you want.
The only thing not permitted is "stealing" the code (getting it and placing it under another licence).

Simo Sorce       idra at samba.org