Samba MSDFS and tree structure problem

Michael Gerdts Michael.Gerdts at usa.alcatel.com
Tue Aug 21 13:21:39 GMT 2001

Interesting, expecially in light of:

   NESTING AND EXPANDING DFS TREES

   Although each particular Dfs tree is limited to two levels of volumes,
   each volume can contain multiple levels of folders. Additionally, you
   can create a multi-leveled tree by nesting Dfs trees inside of each
   other. You do this by adding the root volume of one Dfs tree as a leaf
   volume in another Dfs. Creating a multi-level tree this way is
   transparent to users; they do not know when they have crossed from one
   Dfs tree to another.

This was found at
http://www.microsoft.com/NTServer/nts/downloads/winfeatures/NTSDistrFile/AdminGuide.asp

Does this mean that Microsoft will copy the functionality offered by this
patch or break it on their next client?  Both?

Mike