Time-critical problem at Sun: exploding smbd memory usage

Keith Farrar farrar at parc.xerox.com
Tue Aug 21 01:19:10 GMT 2001

Nope. Growth occurs without any include statements.

Try the sample smb.conf file (create /var/tmp/smbshare directory), and
watch the results of polling with "smbclient -L " (11 MB smbd on redhat,
kernel 2.4.2-2smp).

The smbd process also grows slowly with cycles of 'touch smb.conf; kill
HUP $pid'.

--
| Keith Farrar | Xerox PARC CSNS | Palo Alto, CA | 650-812-4292	|
| DOMAIN:  farrar at parc.xerox.com |				|