Using the "nis" scripts to add users in Samba

Shahms E. King shahms at shahms.com
Fri Aug 17 17:13:18 GMT 2001

One reason I can think of for not doing this is that the passdb
interface has changed, and the nisplus module hasn't been ported, so in
fact, it won't work at all in the next release.
As for the ldap backend, it has been, though not highly tested (I'm
trying to get it stable enough to implement where I work, and as such am
not focusing my development efforts on the CVS samba at the moment)

While porting to the new interface is relatively trivial, it does
require someone actually do it...

--Shahms