FW: NIS+ database problem while trying to use smbpasswd

TAKAHASHI Motonobu monyo at home.monyo.com
Fri Aug 17 16:35:17 GMT 2001

First I've updated NISPLUS.en.txt to refine English.

Thanks to Lim Choon Kiat! for refining my BAD English.

>Question: which "smbpasswd" file is being referenced in this statement
>(taken from http://home.monyo.com/technical/samba/NISPLUS.en.txt
>documentation)?
>
># cat smbpasswd | source/script/mknissmbpasswd.sh

You need to specify smbpasswd file with path information.
I.e. if you have /usr/local/samba/private/smbpasswd, simply type:
  #cat /usr/local/samba/private/smbpasswd | mknissmbpasswd.sh

Please read the script file before asking :-)

-----
TAKAHASHI, Motonobu(monyo)         monyo at samba.org
Personal - http://home.monyo.com/
Samba Team - http://samba.org/     Samba-JP - http://www.samba.gr.jp/