Samba with LDAP

Steven French sfrench at us.ibm.com
Thu Aug 16 15:47:52 GMT 2001

>Shahms mentioned:

>At this point, it supports the PDC functions, Win2k SP2 logons (and
>therefore, I would assume SP1, SP0, and NT4 . ..)

Does anyone know if the Win2K client notices the difference in the Samba
server (when running the LDAP patch) during client logon?

And a loosely related question - during logon is the Win2K client's logon
flows to a Win2K server much different if the server is not running in the
"Permissions Compatible with pre-Win2K servers" mode.   I remember that
there are two new types of groups (Global and Universal) that are available
when running in the newer mode but did not remember the implications for
logon.

Steve French
Senior Software Engineer
Linux Technology Center
IBM Austin
phone: 512-838-2294, T/L 678-2294;
pager: 512-480-6393; cell phone: 512-296-4687
email: sfrench at us.ibm.com