Using the "nis" scripts to add users in Samba

Santomauro, Deborah deborah.santomauro at lmco.com
Thu Aug 16 14:55:37 GMT 2001

Jerry,

Believe me, if I didn't have to go this route, I wouldn't use
"--with-nisplus" at all but I'm just following the recommendations of both
Monyo and John Terpstra. If this is completely inaccurate then perhaps it
should be noted in all pertaining documentation.

In my situation, smbpasswd is always going to try to access the
smbpasswd.org_dir and I have already created this table, using the method
described in the NISPLUS documentation. I have yet to find a way of not
having to store smbpasswd in nis+, but if you know of one, can you share
that information?

Regards,
Deborah