FW: Problems with Samba 2.2.1a on Solaris 8 and Opening a .txt file in Excel.

Dave Hall dhall at vermeermfg.com
Mon Aug 13 20:53:13 GMT 2001

I hope I am not overstepping my bounds here, but I origionally sent this to
the samba group and did not get any answers.  Maybe you-all could help me.

....Origional message....

Good day I hope.

We recently install Samba 2.2.1a on our Solaris 8 servers.  Since that time,
we have had problems opening .txt in Excel 97 SR-2 on our Windows 95 or on
our Windows 98 machines.  When we try to open a .txt file, it takes too
long, errors or crashes Excel.  We can however open the same .txt file in
Excel 97 SR-2 on 2000 SP2 and NT4.0.

The error we get in the log file is:
	 lib/util_sock.c:read_socket_data(478)
read_socket_data: recv failure for 4.  Error = Connection reset by peer.

What things should I check?

Dave