Loosing Printer Settings and Document Defaults

Hansjoerg Maurer Hansjoerg.Maurer at dlr.de
Mon Aug 13 14:39:51 GMT 2001

Hi,

I am using 2.2 CVS and I installed a tektronix 740 Plus Laserprinter.
After Setting Document defaults as a user listed in the printer admin
group and with write list to the print$ share, everything seems to work
ok.
I removed the user from the above settings, and after restarting samba,
the settings (additional paper trays etc) are lost.

If you need debug infos, give me a note.

Thank you

greetings

Hansjoerg

Dr.  Hansjoerg Maurer           | LAN- & System-Manager

Deutsches Zentrum               | DLR Oberpfaffenhofen
  f. Luft- und Raumfahrt e.V.   |
Institut f. Robotik             |
Postfach 1116                   | Muenchner Strasse 20
82230 Wessling                  | 82234 Wessling
Germany                         |

Tel: 08153/28-2431              | E-mail: maurer at robotic.dlr.de
Fax: 08153/28-1134              | WWW: http://www.robotic.dlr.de/