International Samba (fwd)

Andrew Tridgell tridge at valinux.com
Sat Aug 11 05:04:08 GMT 2001

Monyo,

> SUGJ has already made i18n'ed SWAT, as far as your browser supports
> HTTP/1.1 content negotiation and you read documents via SWAT, you can
> see a documents of proper language version if installed.
> I want to merge it to Samba 2.2.x and HEAD. It is not difficult
> technically.

I think that if you have time you should go ahead and merge the SWAT
i18n support into the head branch. I had been meaning to look at this
myself but I've become too bogged down with other work, so if you
don't mind doing it that would be great.

After it's in head we can decide if it should be back ported to 2.2.

One request though - I think we should have a "lang" subdirectory for
languages. For example the ja Samba currently uses /swat/ja/ for the
Japanese SWAT templates, whereas I think we should probably use
/swat/lang/ja. That will scale a little better when we eventually get
dozens of languages in there.

Cheers, Tridge