How to make a publically accessible folder using samba ?

Nawasthi nawasthi at vanguardsolutions.com
Fri Aug 10 14:07:37 GMT 2001

Hello Everyone...

I have successfully connected the Samba to windows networked and configured
it.

The only problem that I have is I am not able to make a publically
accessible folder
whihc can be read/write anywhere from windows network.

Though I tried to set the smb.conf and restart the samba daemons.

[public]
   comment = Public Stuff
   path = /home/public
   public = yes
  only guest = yes
   writable = yes
   printable = no
   browseable =yes

But When i click on network neighbourhood it says public folder not
accessible.
I want to make a public folder that doesnot need any username and password
to get into.

Secondly, for creating the user accounts to linux machine i used useradd
username but
in network neightbourhood on clicking it opens with the
invalid username and password message box.

If anyone has got a wonder ideas please suggest.

NAwasthi