Can 2.2 co-exist with 2.0.10 ?

Rafal Szczesniak mimir at spin.ict.pwr.wroc.pl
Tue Aug 7 18:49:38 GMT 2001

On Tue, 7 Aug 2001, Kevin Long wrote:

> I *really* need to replace some NT print servers for my W2K clients printing
> needs, but have to have point and click printer installation (printers are
> set up by a script). My server has 2 NICS, is it possible to run 2.0.10 on
> one NIC, and 2.2 on the other so I can set it up for printing?

Different samba daemons are able to coexist on the same host
as long as you specify both correct "interface = " and "bind
interfaces only = yes". I used to use this to experiment
with HEAD and TNG simultaneously.

cheers,

Rafal 'Mimir' Szczesniak <mimir at spin.ict.pwr.wroc.pl>   |
*BSD, Linux and Samba                                  /