" The credentials supplied conflict with the existing credentials " !!! Help

Nawasthi nawasthi at vanguardsolutions.com
Tue Aug 7 14:36:50 GMT 2001

Hello everyone

I am using samba 2.0.7 with redhat linux 7.1.
My linux machine name is Vanlin1 and I am trying to connect it to windows
network.

I can ping my linux machine from windows and also
I can telnet and ftp my linux machine from windows machine

But when i ouble click the linux machine in network neightbourhood I
couldn`t
connect it to linux machine and it says
" The credentials supplied conflict with the existing credentials "

When I type \\vanlin1 on window explorer it
opens a window asking for
username and password and when i give the correct username and password it
tells
" The credentials supplied conflict with the existing credentials "
I think it might be samba configuratiob problem

If you can suggest anything in it. It would be wonderful

Regards
Nishant