SAMBA 2.0.9 and win2000 SP2

Ignazio Cassano igna at provincia.torino.it
Mon Aug 6 14:57:46 GMT 2001

I tried to configure samba with encrypted password
and Windows 2000 Sp2 works fine because it seems , at the logon,
to send encrypted password also if Plain Text Password is specified in
the register.
Is it possible that sp2 introduces a security level which has
precedence on Plain Text Password at the logon process ???
After the logon process with "net use" or  "map network drive"
if you specify the password it works fine also if samba is
configured in plain text !!!

Thanks

--
Ignazio Cassano
C S I  - Address: Corso Unione Sovietica n. 216  10100 Torino (Italy)