Printing in 2.2.1a

Gerald Carter gcarter at valinux.com
Mon Aug 6 14:05:20 GMT 2001

On Wed, 1 Aug 2001, Juergen Hasch wrote:

> I guess I am having exactly the same problem. Since updating to Samba
> 2.2.1a all NT4 users get the printer access denied. Everyone is local
> administrator on their machines to be able to install programs.
> Strangely one printer will still print, although Windows returns
> access denied. Another printer (configured exactly identical) won't
> print ;-)
>
> My workaround is to use IPP and print directly to CUPS instead of
> using Samba for clients capable of doing this, all other clients have
> to use another machine with Samba 2.0.7 still running.
>
> A solution for this problem in Samba 2.2 would be greatly appreciated.
> Maybe you could add a fallback option for "legacy" operating systems
> trying to log in with administrator rights.

I'm working on adding a 'lanman printing only' parameter which would
fail opens on the spoolss named pipe.  This would give us identical
behavior to 2.0.x

cheers, jerry
 www.valinux.com         VA Linux Systems       gcarter_at_valinux.com
 www.samba.org              SAMBA Team              jerry_at_samba.org