SAMBA 2.0.9 and win2000 SP2

Ignazio Cassano igna at provincia.torino.it
Sun Aug 5 09:31:38 GMT 2001

Hi,
Anyone got prpblems between samba 2.0.9 and Windows 2000 Sp2 ???

My samba 2.0.9 gives an authentication failed when a Windows 2000 sp2
makes a connection (the user profile is configured as follows:
homediredrive h: , homedir : \\sambaserver\homes).
I have enabled Plain Text Passowrd on the windows 2000 sp2 infact using
the the command net use I can connect to the samba server
\\sambaserver\homes
re-giving the same user and passowrd I used at the logon process.
The PDC and logon server is a WinNt server.
Why during the logon process it gives an authentication failed ???
IT WORKS FINE with Windows 2000 SP1.

Many thanks
Ignazio