~/.sig*

Patrick Powell papowell at astart.com
Wed Aug 1 20:19:17 GMT 2001

I have been out of touch for a while (6 months) and just
started reading the Samba mailing list again.  I notice a set of
mail messages about printing problems,  etc.  If the people
having these problems can contact me directly USING THE PHONE
I will take a peek at the problem.

I am currently putting some patches into LPRng to have a
"flash status report for Samba" generated - i.e. - the
status is cached for (say) 30 seconds and updated periodically.

This REALLY REALLY REALLY improves throughput.

Patrick ("Choice of cleaning out the toxic waste dump
   or doing printing support?   Is there a choice?  Gimme the
   shovel!") Powell

Patrick Powell                 Astart Technologies,
papowell at astart.com            9475 Chesapeake Drive, Suite D,
Network and System             San Diego, CA 92123
  Consulting                   858-874-6543 FAX 858-279-8424
LPRng - Print Spooler (http://www.lprng.com)