compiling samba 2.2.0 with ldap option

eric german eric.german at cp.finances.gouv.fr
Fri Apr 27 09:11:40 GMT 2001

hi , i have dowloaded the  samba-2.2.0 latest . I have noticed  in the
configure file  that the --with-ldap is not  enable . I want  using  my
ldap  as backend for ntpassword (encrypt password) but with only samba
official latest release ,
At  first I  used pam_ldap adding into the  stack of login service =>
plain text password it  works well .
Now , I want  connecting my client with encrypt password .

question :
-how to compile samba 2.2.0  with ldap for backend ?
(I have seen  in /passdb   a ldap.c  program , how to compile  samba
with it )
- what is the level of compliance between ldap and samba

bests regards
eric german