W2K Domain Login Problem with 2.2.0

Steve Langasek vorlon at netexpress.net
Tue Apr 24 03:54:49 GMT 2001

On Tue, 24 Apr 2001, Andrew Bartlett wrote:

> Finally, an explaination that MAKES SENSE.  Whats more, the reason it
> worked for me is that I use NIS, so didn't need to be root.

It also explains why PAM fails for some operations and not for others; owing
to RPC, Samba isn't always calling PAM from the same security context.  Still,
I'd like some empirical confirmation that my patch fixes the problem before
concluding that this is what's really happening.

Steve Langasek
postmodern programmer