W2K Domain Login Problem with 2.2.0

Steve Langasek vorlon at netexpress.net
Mon Apr 23 20:33:46 GMT 2001

Percy,

On Tue, 24 Apr 2001, PeRcY YuEn wrote:

>   Believe me, the PAM implementation in Solaris is rather old. I've looked
> through the files in /lib/security/pam*.so and only found 3 usable and
> they are pam_unix, pam_dial_auth and pam_rhosts_auth. Sigh...

>   Regards,
>   Percy

Here's a quick implementation of pam_permit:

----------------------
#define PAM_SM_ACCOUNT

#include <pam_appl.h>
#include <pam_module.h>

int pam_sm_acct_mgmt(pam_handle_t *pamh,int flags,int argc,
                     const char **argv)
{
	return PAM_SUCCESS;
}

save the above code as pam_permit.c, and compile it with the command
'cc -Kpic -o pam_permit.o -c pam_permit.c && cc -G -o pam_permit.so.1 pam_permit.o'
(which I'm told is the correct command on Solaris).

That should give you a pam_permit.so.1 that you can use in the 'account'
section of Samba's PAM config.

If it doesn't work... hopefully I'll have a fix for Samba that /does/ work by
the time you know that it doesn't work.

Steve Langasek
postmodern programmer