W2K Domain Login Problem with 2.2.0

Andrew Bartlett abartlet at pcug.org.au
Mon Apr 23 06:04:55 GMT 2001

Jeremy Allison wrote:

> On Mon, Apr 23, 2001 at 02:56:05PM +1000, Andrew Bartlett wrote:
> > Jeremy Allison wrote:
> > >
> > > So the pwdb module seems fine here w.r.t. accounts ...
> > >
> > > Any other clues to try and reproduce this ?
> > >
> > > Jeremy.
> >
> > Try with pam_unix.so?  RedHat 6.2 comes with both I think.
> >

> Ok - what should the samba pam file using pam_unix.so look
> like ?
>
> Jeremy.

The one's our bug-reporter supplied might be a start :-)

auth    required        pam_unix.so nullok
account required        pam_unix.so

This looks perfectly reasonable, as a starting point.  Maybe add debug
to the end of the lines.  You will need to add:

session required   pam_unix.so

if you want to access file-shares with the current cvs.

abartlet at pcug.org.au