W2K Domain Login Problem with 2.2.0

Jeremy Allison jeremy at valinux.com
Sun Apr 22 07:15:33 GMT 2001

On Sun, Apr 22, 2001 at 10:58:05AM +1000, Andrew Bartlett wrote:

> Samba now checks with pam's account management facility as to the
> validity of usernames, even if it is using encrypted passwords.  This
> was added just before release.

Yeah - I'm looking at this now. I'm not sure this is the
correct thing to do. What if the system is using winbindd ?
What will be the interaction with pam and winbindd usernames
(which are of the form DOMAIN\user) ?

I'm inclined to remove this unless I can prove it won't
break winbindd systems.

Jeremy.