Code to hide inaccessible files/directories

David Collier-Brown davecb at canada.sun.com
Mon Apr 16 12:16:39 GMT 2001

Bill Moran wrote:
> 1. I'm not too sure about the size of fullPath. 2048 seemed a value that
> wouldn't normally be exceeded, but I don't have any proof that it's a
> good size. It may be too large or too small (compared to system limits,
> of course) In the final analysis, it should be the same size as the max
> path size of the system it's running on.

	This can be discovered with pathconf(), hopefull
	mentioned in /usr/include/unistd.h otherewise
	the data is buried in <limits.h> or <unistd.h>.

	Solaris uses 1024, Posxz 255.

--dave
Performance & Engineering Team | some people and astonish the rest.
Americas Customer Engineering  |                      -- Mark Twain
(905) 415-2849                 | davecb at canada.sun.com