Is Windows 2000 broken or is Samba?

Nicholas Brealey nick at orpwood.demon.co.uk
Sat Apr 14 17:17:23 GMT 2001

I have just been playing with the PDC stuff in Samba 2.2.0 CVS.

Everything is working very well except for one problem:

My domain is called KNOWN-SPACE, my Samba PDC is called VIKING
and my Windows 2000 professional system is called VOYAGER.

When I login to the W2K system, VOYAGER, as the local user Administrator
and try to add the domain user KNOWN-SPACE\nick to the local Power Users
group
using the Computer Management GUI, the added user gets changed to
VIKING\nick.

When I use
net localgroup "power users" /add KNOWN-SPACE\nick
it seems to work fine (the user stays as KNOWN-SPACE\nick).

Nick