Linux XFS and 2.2.0 CVS from today

John Trostel jtrostel at connex.com
Fri Apr 13 15:31:05 GMT 2001

To run this you have to make sure you have acl support compiled in your system
for both Linux-XFS and for Samba.  Have you done the following?

1. For XFS

        a. run the autoconf, ./configure, make , make install in the
cmd/acl/libacl subdirectory. (And then move the libacl.a library to somwhere
that it can be "seen" when compiling)

        b. run the install in the cmd/acl/include directory too.

2. For Samba

        a. run ./configure with the --with-acl-support option

        (check the output here, it should mention that it is using XFS acls
near the bottom)

        b. do the make, make install thing

If you build and install the chacl stuff in the XFS cmd/acl subdirectory, it
will let you play around setting up and changing acls on the XFS partition
directly.  If you are sure that is working, then it is something in the Samba
stuff.

P.S.  It works here ;-> ... so I know it can be implemented!

--
John M. Trostel
Linux OS Engineer
jtrostel at connex.com