Code for joining a domain in Samba 2.2.0-alpha1

Gerald Carter gcarter at valinux.com
Thu Apr 12 08:31:28 GMT 2001

On Wed, 11 Apr 2001 06:07:22 Tom Alsberg wrote:

> api_samr_create_user(), but I tried some grep's on
> the entire source tree for it, and I don't see where it
> gets called.

smbd uses a dispatch table loaded with function pointer
to respond to RPC ops.  See the end of
rpc_server/srv_samr.c

>   I tried using tcpdump-smb to check the connections and
> look for function names there, without much success.

You'll need MS's netmon to deal with RPCs.  Your second
best bet is to grep a level 10 smbd log for api_rpcTNP.
Note that you can capture traces on the Linux host
using ethereal (http://www.ethereal.com/) and save them in netmon
1.x format.

Cheers, jerry
 \/    http://www.valinux.com/  VA Linux Systems   gcarter at valinux.com