Code for joining a domain in Samba 2.2.0-alpha1

Tom Alsberg alsbergt at cs.huji.ac.il
Tue Apr 10 09:20:26 GMT 2001

  Hi there.

  I put some debugging statements in some of the functions in
rpc_server/srv_netlog.c, including api_net_sam_logon(), looked at my
logs while trying to join a domain, or just trying to log on using
smbclient, and api_net_sam_logon() didn't seem to get called.

  reply_sesssetup_and_X() in smbd/reply.c however, did get called. So I
was wondering what its role exactly is in that process.

  What do you mean by 'replies to SMB calls, not MSRPC'? What are those
MSRPC calls exactly? Why is MSRPC what I care about when joining a
machine to the domain? Isn't joining a machine to the domain part of the
SMB protocol?

  I'm sorry for the stupid questions, I probably just need to get a few
things clear to me.

  Any help/explanations appreciated,
  Tom Alsberg.

--

  ---*---

  Tom Alsberg
	Hebrew University of Jerusalem,
	institute of Computer Science and Engineering -
		System Group / Vision Lab