smbclient, find, and NetBSD (fwd)

Andrew Tridgell tridge at samba.org
Thu Apr 5 13:51:50 GMT 2001

Jerry,

That one is my fault I'm afraid. Many years ago I was lazy in using
find to generate the list of files - I should have used
opendir()/readdir() etc (essentially implementing a little find
function in Samba).

The correct fix is to remove the find call and instead write a fn that
does directory traversal returning a list of names (perhaps as a
linked list). That will make us portable. Using #ifdefs for different
versions of find assumes that the system actually has something that
is like find, which is not a valid assumption with some of the more
obscure ports of Samba.

Anyone want to take this on?

Cheers, Tridge