Linking error with /bin/smbd

Joe Meslovich joe at bridgewater.edu
Tue Apr 3 14:36:25 GMT 2001

        I was compiling the latest 2.2.0 code from a CVS download I did at
about 9 EST this morning. I was compiling this on a Solaris 2.6 x86 system
using gcc 2.8.1 and got the following error:

Linking bin/smbd
xdr_uint32_t                        smbd/quotas.o
xdr_int32_t                         smbd/quotas.o
ld: fatal: Symbol referencing errors. No output written to bin/smbd
*** Error code 1
make: Fatal error: Command failed for target `bin/smbd'

Joe Meslovich						joe at bridgewater.edu
Associate Network/Systems Engineer	                College Box 499
Tel: (540) 828 - 5343