TODO list proposal for volunteers

Gerald Carter gcarter at valinux.com
Fri Sep 29 17:50:00 GMT 2000

"Christopher R. Hertel" wrote:

> Hmm...  I guess my thinking is that this should be handled
> in an isolation layer, and not part of Samba itself.  I am
> (as usual) being a bit pedantic here but I think this kind
> of thing should be separable from Samba so that
> it can work on its own, with other products, or
> with Samba.

Everyone here realizes that PAM support is currently a compile
time option right?  Just checking.

How do people feel about make PAM the equivalent of another
password backend?  Insulated behind a set of password API
callbacks of course.

But I think we're jumping ahead of ourselves a little.  We
need to examine what we currently have in place.

CHeers, jerry
 \/    http://www.valinux.com  VA Linux Systems    gcarter at valinux.com
       http://www.samba.org       SAMBA Team           jerry at samba.org
       http://www.eng.auburn.edu/~cartegw