TODO list proposal for volunteers

Jeremy Allison jeremy at valinux.com
Fri Sep 29 17:19:54 GMT 2000

David Lee wrote:

> But I had a note from Jeremy saying he just tried to put it into 2_2,
> and that it doesn't work, and could I re-do it etc. etc.
>
> Yes, I'm very willing to try to cooperate.  But surely the "team"  (those
> maintaining the CVS tree) should try to ensure that a patch against the
> most recent production version should be valid.
>
> (I've tried checking this twice with Jeremy, but no answer...)

Sorry, I've been busy doing the vfs changes. Normally
a patch against the production release would be the best
thing to do - but when changing from one codestream to
another it's best to use the most recent.

The code just got changed between the 2.0.7 and 2.2
releases, sorry. And 2.2.0 will *definately* be the
next production release, so patches should currently be
made against that branch.

Hope this helps,

	Jeremy.