TODO list proposal for volunteers

Gerald Carter gcarter at valinux.com
Fri Sep 29 14:54:04 GMT 2000

Simo Sorce wrote:

> As said in a private mail to Gerald, I may be interested
> in volunter on the passdb enhancement/redesign.
> I well know the code in samba 2.0.x and now I'm looking
> at the code in head also.
> Is there any plan for this code?

Simo,

We need to re-examine it along side the LDAP work going on.
My thoughts are that by enabling Samba to use a Windows 2000
AD compatible schema, this will be the first step in
plugging Samba into a native Windows 2000 domain.  Of course
there are other parts as well.

I am planning on starting the thread regarding the
passdb / groupdb later today with a summary of the
existing APIs in HEAD and TNG.  We can beat this around
and decide what is good and what should be changed.

Cheers, jerry
 \/    http://www.valinux.com  VA Linux Systems    gcarter at valinux.com
       http://www.samba.org       SAMBA Team           jerry at samba.org
       http://www.eng.auburn.edu/~cartegw