TODO list proposal for volunteers

Kai Blin k.blin at gmx.net
Fri Sep 29 13:18:20 GMT 2000

On Fri, Sep 29, 2000 at 01:30:49AM -0500, Gerald Carter wrote:
[snip]

> Documentation
> -------------
>
> I will act as the contact point for documentation
> updates.  We have a list named samba-docs that can
> be used for this purpose.  Probably best to coordinate
> there.
>
>   o consolidate the existing text HOWTO's and HTML
>     FAQ's into a single admin guide document.  Some
>     of the information is outdated and needs to be filed
>     in the "this used to be true pile" while stuff that is
>     just wrong needs to be thrown out.
>
>     All documentation needs to be converted to YODL
>     (it's really easy) for generating HTML, text, etc...
>
>     This is a fairly large project and could be
>     distributed among a few people once the initial layout
>     and outline was decided upon.

   o Update the homepage a bit (it still gives listproc at samba.org as
     reference adress to subscribe (found out while trying to subscribe to
     samba-docs :)

> Testing
> -------
>
> Jeremy will be the main contact person for this (via the
> samba-technical list)
>
>   o If all goes well, Samba 2.2.0 should be released in beta
>     form next week (first week in Oct)  We need volunteers
>     to help with testing, QA, etc... Printing support,
>     locking, ACLs, etc...
>
>     The more environments tested, the better
>     quality the final release should be.

[snip]

> New project proposals can be voiced on samba-technical.
> Thanks for you help.

Here you go.

Greets,
Kai

--
Kai Blin, Sysop
University of Tuebingen

A mathematician is a device for turning coffee into theorems.
		-- P. Erdos