Does SAMBA do HTTP?

Cole, Timothy D. timothy_d_cole at md.northgrum.com
Thu Sep 28 14:32:14 GMT 2000

Is there any reason you can't just run Apache and Samba on the same machine?

Or is the problem that you can't get a DNS name at all, and you were
wondering if you could leverage the NetBIOS space for HTTP somehow?  (if the
latter, you can't -- browsers don't do name lookups in NetBIOS namespace
ever)