smb implementation

Steve Langasek vorlon at netexpress.net
Wed Sep 27 18:33:16 GMT 2000

On Wed, 27 Sep 2000, Richard Sharpe wrote:

> Back in 1996 I started a library called SMBlib ... It has been used by a
> number of other projects now, and I have not kept up with it ...

> Perhaps it is time to look at this issue again.

Richard,
The code in the SAMBA_TNG cvs branch has been arranged so that common
functionality is linked into a set of shared libraries.  This seems to work
very well, and if it were coupled with a reasonably arranged set of header
files (and possibly a batch of m4 macros for autoconf), I think we would have
a very good solution for people wanting to create SMB-aware programs without
having to maintain their own Samba tree.  It's just a question of getting this
library support into HEAD, I suppose...

Steve Langasek
postmodern programmer